Course Dates10th September, 2018 - 14th September, 2018 (5 days)
From 2018 onwards our Siemens Simatic S7 PLC course will be a 7-day course.
The structure of the course will be a 5 day block (Monday – Friday) and then a further 2 day block at a later date to complete the QQI accreditation.
COST: € 1895 for the 7 days (10% discount for Plastic Ireland/Ibec Members). Includes QQI accreditation, course manual, lunches and refreshments.
- The cost above includes the accreditation and attendance fee for Day 6 & 7.
- No discount or refund will be given to participants that do not attend/ complete the 2 further accreditation days.
This course is designed to focus on the fundamentals of Siemens Simatic S7, specifically covering Step 7 programming in “LAD”, “FBD” and “STL”
Siemens S7-300 Training Kits
This course is aimed at Engineers, Technicians, Electricians, and Maintenance Personnel with limited experience using Siemens S7 PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller’s).
- S7 Hardware: Siemens S7 PLC’s, Fixed and Variable Slot / Absolute, Symbolic Addressing. Addressing Mode, Bit, Byte, Word, Doubleword. Digital / Analogue Input/Output Modules
- Programming Execution: Scan & Cycle Times. Linear and Structured Programming.
- Methods of Representation: LAD, FBD, STL, Graph7, CFC’s SFC’s and SCL
- Step7 Programming Blocks: Organisation (OB’s), Function / System Function Blocks (FB’s / SFB’s), Function Calls / System Function Call Blocks (FC’s / SFC’s), Data Blocks, UDT’s
- Boolean Logic: Contacts Normally Open / Closed. Positive Rising / Lowering Edge Detection, Logic Operations, AND, OR, AND Before OR. Result of Logic Operations (RLO’s),
- Timers/Counters: Types of Timers / Counters S5 & S7. Retentive / Non Retentive. Specifying Time / Count Value and Time Base
- Analogue Input/Output: Setup an Analogues Input/Outputs.
- How to Trouble Shoot S7: Modify / Monitor I/O and variables. Create VAT Tables. Analyse Diagnostic Buffer and CPU Fault Messages.
Full instructions, timelines and ongoing guidance will be given by the course tutor.
Who Should Attend:
The “Hands On Workshop” is designed for Engineers, Technicians, Electricians, Maintenance Personal and those who have some knowledge of PLC’s and want to gain a better understanding and a good practical knowledge of Siemens PLC’s.
7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone.
Duration: 5 days course.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course
Name of Awarding Body: Quality and Qualifications Ireland QQI
QQI accreditation: In order to avail of QQI Level 6 accreditation 2 additional days must be completed. Full details available here
Title of Programme: Siemens S7 PLCs
Award to which it leads: Programmable Logic Controllers
QQI Code: 6N537O
This programme is a QQI component (minor) award, certified at Level 6 on the national framework of qualifications – see www.nfq.ie and is a mandatory component of major award 6M5154 – Maintenance Skills Technology