Course DatesTo be verified
€795(10% discount for Plastic Ireland members)
Inclusive of course manual, lunch and refreshments.
Day 1 – Health and Safety Legislation & Regulation
– Duties of Employers & Employees
– Non-compliance penalties
– Safety inspector powers
Plastics Processing Technology
– Potential plastics processing hazards, inc: injection moulding, extrusion, blow moulding, vacuum forming, also, ancillary equipment, lifting tackle,
tool & material storage.
– Identify potential work shop hazards, inc: noise, electricity, fire, hot surfaces, fumes, dust and glass fibres (hazardous substances).
Introduction to Risk Assessment
– Explanation of principles, terminology & statutory duties
– Definition of hazard and risk
– Accident reporting
– Lifting equipment inspection and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Day 2 – Risk Assessment
– Task analysis & assessing current control measures
– Hazard identification and risk banding
– Defining a safe method of work
– Drafting an action plan
– System monitoring
Compile a risk assessment / audit system
Practicals include: Use of PPE, undertake a risk assessment of a mould shop, accident reporting, machine safety guard inspection, granulator inspection and drafting an action plan.
7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone.
Safety Shoes – Required on this course
Course begins at 9.15 am and ends at 5.00 pm
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.