Course Dates15th October, 2018 - 18th October, 2018 (4 days)
€1495 (10% discount for Plastics Ireland Members) Inclusive of course manual, lunch and refreshments.
– The injection Moulding Machine and its Influence on Mould design
– The 2-Plate Mould
– Exercise: design and layout of a 2-plate mould
– Polymer melt flow, inc, melt flow profile, shear effect, shear rate, pressure drops, etc.
– Gating & Feeding, inc, cold runner design, gating techniques
– Cooling, inc, cooling media, cooling requirement, cooling techniques
– Ejection, techniques, systems and designs
– Estimation of ejection force
– 3-plate Mould design and construction
– Stack mould designs and use applications
– Undercut mould design, inc, explanation of under-cuts, core pulling techniques
– Exercise: design and layout of a 3-plate mould
– Prototype moulds and techniques
– Mould construction materials, steels and alloy materials
– Exercise: Calculation of mould plate deflection and plate sizing
– Runnerless Moulds, inc, externally heated, internally heated & insulated tool designs
– Exercise: Design and layout of a runnerless mould
– Standard mould parts
– Plastic product design for injection moulding
– Injection moulded product fault appraisal and analysis, inc, mould design faults, part design faults and plastic materials faults.
– Exercise: Fault appraisal
– Tutorial covering the course Assignment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Injection Moulding Technicians, Engineers, and Management who have a responsibility for ordering, modifying or replacing injection moulds will gain most benefit from this course. A better understanding of mould design theory will greatly assist in obtaining optimised moulds and reducing mould commissioning times.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course
4 day course 9.15 am – 5.00 pm each day
Name of Awarding Body: Quality and Qualifications Ireland QQI
Title of Programme: Mould Design
Award to which it leads: Essentials of Mould Design
QQI Code: 5N4317
This programme is a QQI component (minor) award, certified at Level 5 on the national framework of qualifications – see www.nfq.ie and is an elective component of major award 5M3080 – Plastics Injection Moulding .