Course Dates3rd May, 2018 - 3rd May, 2018 (1 days)
Introduction to lean tools & techniques: One day workshop
Lean thinking is an approach to employee management, process management and workplace organisation that increases market share through superior customer satisfaction. At the same time costs are reduced as employees seek to continuously make shorter, simpler and safer the processes that deliver value to customers. However, identifying the practical steps that will bring about this change to voluntary continuous improvement is not always easy, and sometimes counter-intuitive. This workshop introduces key lean concepts and provides simple and effective tips for increasing customer satisfaction whilst lowering costs.
Learning Objective and Deliverables
At the end of this one day workshop, participants will:
· have a common understanding of lean principles;
· understand how lean thinking differs from traditional management thinking, and the extent of the change required in management perspective; approach to customer satisfaction; people management, & process problem solving;
· have an appreciation of relevant performance indicators in a lean environment;
· understand the extent of the effort and support required to implement lean thinking in the organisation, and
· understand the fundamentals of building a successful lean transformation programme.
3. Workshop Agenda
The 7 wastes & toast video
Lean history & principles
The Lean game – round 1
The Lean game – round 2
|The Lean game – round 3
Lean success factors
Application of lean tools in your environment
Performance indicators and business development in a lean environment
Group review & discussion
|Review & close|
Who should attend?
This workshop is applicable to all personnel in a management or project management role within the organisation, starting with the leadership team and key senior supervisors and specialists. The workshop requires a minimum of 10 participants, and we advise a maximum of 14 participants.
€ 395 per person, inclusive of course manual, lunch, and refreshments.
First Polymer Training,
7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park,
* Alternatively this course can be run in a company. Please contact us for in-house rates.
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.
Safety Shoes – Not required on this course