Course Dates22nd September, 2017 - 22nd September, 2017 (1 days)
1 Day Workshop
Lean thinking is an approach to customer satisfaction and workplace organisation that increases market share through superior customer satisfaction. In a lean organisation, employees seek to continuously make shorter, simpler and safer the processes that deliver value to customers.
Learning Objective and Deliverables
At the end of this one day workshop, participants will:
• have a common understanding of the principals and practices of lean;
• understand how lean thinking differs from traditional management thinking, and the extent of the change required in management perspective; approach to customer satisfaction; people management, & process problem solving;
• have an appreciation of relevant performance indicators in a lean environment;
understand the extent of the effort and support required to implement lean thinking in the organisation;
• understand how the six sigma approach to process management supports lean thinking, and
• understand the fundamentals of building a successful lean transformation programme.
Who should attend?
This workshop is applicable to all those in a people management or project management role within the organisation. The workshop content is modified to cater for the differing requirements of senior and middle management groups.
€ 195 per person, inclusive of course manual, lunch and refreshments.
First Polymer Training,
7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park,
* Alternatively this course can be ran in company. Please contact us for in-house rates.
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.
Safety Shoes – Required on this course