Course DatesTo be verified
Course Title: Finance for Engineers
COST: € 395 per person, inclusive of course manual, lunch and refreshments.
Most engineers have no formal training in reading and interpreting financial information, however in excess of 90% of engineers confirm that a knowledge of finance is important for career progression. This course has been specially designed for engineers/engineering managers with a view to encouraging them to play a more active role in the day to day finances of their business. Engineers need to be aware of issues such as cost reduction and capital investment and how their decisions can affect the financial statements. The course will provide practical insight into the area of company finance and identify useful tools that can be used by engineers to make better business decisions.
The aim of this course is to give engineers a solid grounding in finance thus enabling them to make a more effective contribution within their business.
1. The Big Picture. Why it is important for engineers to understand Financial Statements and how this can affect career progression and lifestyle
2. Understanding the Profit & Loss Account and the Balance Sheet
3. Ratio Analysis – extracting and interpreting key financial ratios from financial statements.
4. Depreciation – A guide for engineers
5. Costing – an introduction
6. Cash Flow is the lifeblood of business (an introduction)
7. Ownership of business (an explanation of the different classes of businesses and shareholding)
This course has been developed to provide the learner with a solid understanding of how to read financial statements and how to extract important data/trends relating to the performance of the business. The course will provide participants with a set of ‘core financial skills’ which will help them to communicate more effectively with colleagues internally as well as external to the business.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for engineers of all levels and technical personnel who are interested in learning about finance.
‘This course was excellent, pitched at the right level’
‘Pity I did not participate in this course earlier in my career’
‘The course has given me the confidence to interact with the finance department and senior management in planning for the future of the business’
Delegates should bring a calculator with them. All other course material will be provided.
09.15 am to 5.00 pm
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course