Course DatesTo be verified
€1095 (10% discount for Plastic Ireland members) per attendee.
This fee includes course manuals, lunch and refreshments.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at those undertaking extrusion, extruded product design and those wishing to learn about extrusion die design. The course content can be modified to cope with specific die designs or extrusion applications, eg, tube die design, control and output sizing.
This is a three day course which will be delivered as follows:
– Flow of Polymer Melts, inc, Shear rate, viscosity, pressure drop, influence on die design.
– Thermal Characteristics of Polymers, inc, Thermal nature of polymers, energy to process, cooling requirements, estimation of cooling time, etc.
– Ram extrusion, inc, Machine design and construction, thermal and rheological control, application use, products produced and processing materials used.
– Single Screw extrusion, inc, Machine design and construction, screw design / function and selection, mixing theory, filter packs / screen changers, breaker plates, pressure sensing, barrel heating, cooling and thermal control techniques, machine output comparison.
– Twin screw extrusion, inc, Machine design and construction, screw configurations, output comparison, sensing and control, machine use and application.
– Pipe Dies and Lines, inc, Production line layout, pipe die construction and function, external output calibration and downstream equipment.
– Film Dies and Lines, inc, Definition of film classification, Film lines, blown film process, side fed and bottom fed die design layout and construction, output control.
– Multi-layer Dies and lines, inc, Barrier layer technology, need for multi layer products, adhesive lamination, extrusion coating, co-extrusion, die design and construction, line layout, control and monitoring, thickness correction.
– Die construction materials, inc, steels, alloys and non-metal construction materials, deployment and selection.
– Extruded product design, inc: Product specification, material selection, designing the product, design features, section changes, product cooling techniques.
– Extrusion trial work, inc, output evaluation and assessment.
First Polymer Training, 7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone Co. Westmeath
Tel: 090 6471223 / 090 6471224
The successful completion of this programme by the learner does not lead to an award, but a certificate of attendance is issued to each participant.
Safety Shoes – Not Required on this course