Course Dates13th September, 2017 - 15th December, 2017 (2 days)
13th September, 2017 - 15th December, 2017 (2 days)
Are you interested in gaining a qualification in plastics, without leaving your job?
Would you like to attend online lectures when and where you want?
Are you comfortable using the internet and email?
Would you like to gain credit/exemptions for programmes that you have already completed with First Polymer Training?
Would you like to gain credit/exemptions for study already undertaken or for work experience achieved?
If so then we have the programme for you.
- Level 7 degrees are usually delivered over three years full-time or over six years part-time.
- But if you have a Level 6 qualification in an appropriate discipline, with industrial experience you can complete this programme part-time in just two years.
First Polymer Training has developed an online degree programme with Sligo and Athlone Institutes of Technology.
Level 7 B. Eng. (Ord.) in Polymer Processing
If your highest qualification is:
1. Intermediate/Leaving Certificate: then you may need to complete a qualifier programme. If you have considerable experience but no formal third level qualifications then this will be taken into consideration through the RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning Process) which will be facilitated by Sligo IT on an individual basis.
2. Trade Certificate/Apprenticeship (Level 6) or National Certificate in Plastics Engineering (Level 6) (or similar discipline): plus 5 years experience. You can gain direct entry onto the Level 7 B. Eng. Ordinary Degree programme.
3. National Diploma in Plastics Engineering (or similar Level 7 discipline): You can gain direct entry onto the Level 8 B. Eng. Honours Degree programme when it becomes available (the availability of this programme has to be confirmed).
4. If you already have an Engineering degree but wish to gain a qualification in polymers, then there may also be scope for you to do a post graduate diploma or M. Eng. in the future, or currently, you can do any of the individual polymer degree stand alone modules.
The Level 7 degree is a two-year part-time programme, principally delivered online. Please see more information on delivery below. The programme design has the lifestyle and work commitments of the student very much in mind, with minimum travel involved.
In September of each year, there will be an induction session for the new Level 7 degree applicants over 1 or 2 days in Sligo, where you will be registered as a student, get to meet with your class, exchange contact details with them, receive your library card, log on details, course manuals, first assignment, basically everything you need to get started.
Lectures are delivered live on the net, but you can also access recorded versions. (A broadband internet connection will be needed). These sessions are also interactive so you can ask questions directly to the lecturer. You can also email, or call your lecturers and an online forum is also available for the group. Study manuals are also used and lab/practical sessions are delivered every 8 weeks approx.
Typical Commitment for a participant would be-
- Online Lectures– 4-6 hours per week
- Guideline Study Time– 10-12 hours study (including assignments) per week.
- Practical Sessions– one 4-6 hour session every 8 weeks approx. in Sligo/Athlone.
The degree programme costs are:
Level 7 Programme €3,400 per Student per year
Please contact Catherine Collins at First Polymer Training Skillnet, if you are interested in this programme and wish to avail of funding. Please note funding is available to a limited number of participants.
Tel: 090 6471223 or email email@example.com
MODULAR DEGREE CONTENT
|CIM & Automation Technology||M (10 credits)|
|Computer-Aided Design & Modelling||M (5 credits)|
|Energy and Utilities Management||M (5 credits)|
|Six Sigma I – Quality Tools||M (5 credits)|
|Six Sigma II- Applied Statistical Control||M (5 credits)|
|Materials for the Polymer Industry||M (5 credits)|
|Mathematics||M (5 credits)|
|Medical Device Manufacturing||M (5 credits)|
|Polymer Processing||M (5 credits)|
|Polymer Tooling: Design & Manufacture||M (5 credits)|
|Project||M (5 credits)|
Check out B.Engineering in Polymer Processing for more information.
See the recent cohorts from this programme
If you do not have the entry requirements for the above programme or are interested in a Level 6 polymer programme, please click here for more details on the Level 6 Certificate in Polymer Technology, developed in 2013.