Course Booking & Payment
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check that the course is suitable for delegate(s) training needs.
- Full confirmation with start date, times and directions will be emailed to the customer at least 5 working days before the course start date.
- Payment is due within thirty days of the invoice issue date. Bookings will not be confirmed unless a method of payment is agreed in advance- PO number, cheque or an invoice issued directly to the customer. If a purchase order number is required by the company then it is the company’s/attendee’s responsibility to ensure this is sent to First Polymer Training Skillnet (FPT).
- Course fees are inclusive of all training materials and manuals, accreditation and exam fees, lunch and refreshments for the duration of each course.
- FPT should be advised of any special delegate needs (e.g. disability, diet, reading difficulties) 5 days prior to the course start date.
- If for any reason you cannot attend a course you have booked, FPT must employ the following policy:
- Cancellation up to 10 working days before the start of the course: you will still be invoiced in the normal way, but you will receive a 100% credit towards a place on the next suitable course. There is no time limit on this, so your money is not lost;
- Cancellation 9 – 5 working days before the start of the course: you will be invoiced for 50% of the course fee (with no credit or refund);
- Cancellation 4 working days or less before the start of the course: you will be invoiced for 100% of the course fee (with no credit or refund);
- Please be sure to let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend a course you have confirmed.
- The course booking may be changed to another individual or candidate in the same company at any stage prior to the start of the course, please ensure to inform us if you need to change the delegate attending at least 48 hours before the start of the course.
- FPT reserves the right to cancel or amend the arrangements for any course. FPT reserves the right to cancel any courses in the event of insufficient bookings.
Health and Safety
- Delegates attending our courses must comply with safety procedures covered at the start of each course. FPT seek to achieve high standards in environmental health and safety, and anticipates that their delegates will assist in achieving these objectives.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are compulsory in the process hall.
- Should the training involve practical work in the process hall, participants are asked to bring their own safety shoes each day of the training programme. Safety glasses will be provided. This doesn’t apply to classroom-based courses.
- We do have a limited number of “Over Safety Shoes” which we can provide to participants who don’t have safety shoes
- If you are unsure if you need safety shoes for the course you are attending, please look at the course description on our website www.firstpolymerskillnet.com or contact us.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn during our practical training courses. Scarves, ties, pull strings clothing etc & jewellery are not allowed. Long hair must be tied back.
- First polymer training reserve the right to ask a participant to leave a course for any reason where the trainer may feel their behaviour impacts on the health and safety of themselves or others on the course. E.g. aggressive or abusive and/or if they are under the influence of an intoxicant.
- Any participants on prescribed medication that may cause drowsiness are asked to inform the trainer.
- If a participant is pregnant, FPT would like to be informed so we can ensure her health and safety, while on our course.
Special Note: Funding
- Please note our training programmes are subsidised using Skillnet Ireland funding. If you are already in receipt of other sources of public or grant funding for training (such as Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Udaras na Gaeltachta etc.….) you cannot pay for any of our training courses using these funds. We can only accept payment from private enterprise sources.
- Please tick the box to confirm you will not be paying from any other public grant funding source on your booking form.
**Mobile numbers & Email addresses
- Mobile numbers are requested to send each trainee a text reminder about the course booked. It may also be used to contact the trainee if they do not arrive as expected on a course. It is not disclosed to any third party
- Email addresses are used to send full course joining instructions. Email addresses are not disclosed to any third party
**Mobile numbers and email addresses are also only used as part of a quality assurance process where a small sample of trainees may get a phonecall/email/survey from Skillnet Ireland Ltd (who funds the First Polymer Training Network) or appointed auditor to ask about the quality of a course attended or experience with the First Polymer Training network.
- Trainees will be asked to opt in to receive updates on our course. They can also opt- out at any time.