Course Dates27th March, 2017 - 21st April, 2017 (4 days)
9th October, 2017 - 10th November, 2017 (4 days)
This course is a 4 day course and day 4 needs to run separately a few weeks after the first three day block in order to complete the certification on this course. Cost:€1495 per person. This cost is inclusive of course manual, certification, lunch and refreshments for the four days. Please contact us for our in-company daily rates. This course is a very practical introduction to extrusion, the major focus of the course is to practice the correct techniques to start and stop an extruder, set up correctly using the correct tooling, and avoid the common issues such as degradation, ovality, concentricity issues, leaks from the die head, etc. COURSE CONTENT Overview of Extrusion
- Safety in extrusion – heat, pressure, electrical and material degradation issues.
- Overview of the various parts of an extruder and the extrusion line.
- The melting process in a single screw extruder.
- Extruder screws- what the different screw designs available can achieve.
- How to calculate the correct die and tip size for tube extrusion.
- Correct procedure to shut down an extruder
- Ensuring tooling is cleaned and handled and assembled correctly and safely.
- Preventing tooling damage
- Correct procedure to disassemble, clean and reassemble the die
- Correct die tightening procedure
- Screw removal and cleaning procedure
- How to check the product and adjust the process parameters to achieve product specification
- Understanding the interactions between the process parameters when making adjustments to the process to achieve product specifications.
- The importance of quality control procedures
- How to set up and record control charts
- Sampling procedures and sample sizes
- How to read control charts to check for product drifting out of specification
- How to analyse a defect to find the cause
- Understanding basic extrusion problems:
This training is done on A Modular American Kuhne Extruder.Safety Shoes – Required on this course Venue: 7 Centre Court, Blyry Business and Commercial Park, Athlone. Name of Awarding Body: Quality and Qualifications Ireland QQI Title of Programme: Extrusion Module 1 - Machine Setting Award to which it leads: Plastic Extrusion Machine Setting QQI Code: 5N2625 This programme is a QQI component (minor) award, certified at Level 5 on the national framework of qualifications – see www.nfq.ie and is a mandatory component of major award 5M3074 – Plastics Extrusion Protection for Enrolled Learners Policy